Welcome to the dedicated site for Secondary Schools Cross Country in Leicestershire.
Here, you can find all information you’ll need about race dates, times, and venues, as well as results for all races.
Latest news and updates can be found here.
Leicestershire and Rutland Schools’ Athletic Association
Cross Country Season 2014-2015
League race 1 – 13th September – Brookvale High School/Groby Community College
League race 2 – 27th September – Rutland Water (Sykes Lane site)
County Schools Relays – 11th October – Thomas Estley CC
League race 3 – 15th November – Lutterworth College High School (held just off J20 of the M1)
League race 4 – 6th December – Melton Mowbary (venue tbc)
League race 5 – 17th January – Robert Smyth/Welland Park – Market Harborough
County Schools Championships – 31st January – Ratcliffe College
Race times – The first race starts at 10.30am with the year seven age groups. Each race then follows at approximately 10-15 minute intervals (race times confirmed by individual schools on the day).
Conditions of Entry
- Only schools and individuals affiliated to LRSAA are eligible to compete. This is particularly important with regard to insurance cover. Affiliation should have already been paid by schools. Please contact me if you require further information about affiliation.
- Please ensure that results slips are filled in with all athlete’s full names and finishing positions, and are returned as soon as possible after each race.
Presentation of Trophies
- Winning teams of each of the eight age/gender categories will be given a trophy to keep for the year. Schools are responsible for engraving the trophy and ensuring that it is returned for the following year. If trophies are not returned the school will be responsible for financing the replacement of the trophy.
- Members of the three top finishing teams will be given a medal and certificate, as will the top three overall best runners in each age of the eight categories.
- Scores and performances from four of the five league races will count but if for any reason we only have four league races, then only three races will count.
- In the year 7 and Junior races (boys and girls), four runners score for a team.
- In the Inter and Senior races (boys and girls) three runners score for a team.
- Incomplete teams may claim last position once during the season (league races only).
English Schools’ Team Selection
- In the junior, intermediate, and senior age groups, eight places are available for selection.
- The top three athletes from the league races will automatically be selected (four from five races to count).
- In the event athletes tying for league positions, selection will be at the discretion of the team manager.
- The top three athletes in the Schools’ County Championships will also be selected on the condition that a minimum of one league race has been completed during the season.
- The remaining places will be decided upon by performances across the season: in the league, county championships, and inter-county races (if held).
- Athletes who are unable to compete in races, due to injury/illness for example, who believe they may be selected for the English Schools’, must send a written explanation to Sally Hollingshead by Wednesday 4th February 2015. Their explanation will then be considered if they are in contention for a place.
- Selected athletes will be expected to travel to the English Schools on the team bus and/or stay overnight in the team hotel if required to do so. No exceptions.
If you would like to offer your school as a venue for a future race then please contact me.
If you would like to be kept updated with results and future race information via email, can you please provide me with your email address.
Cross Country Secretary